Wednesday, December 17, 2008

wednesday morning blogging

apologies: ok...so clearly the promise to update my blog timely has totally been broken. but i am also sure that other than myself, i have only 1 reader. so...it's 6am and i think i'm coming down with a cold. this is sucky timing because christmas is right around the corner and i have tons of work to do before then. i've been working hard these last few weeks and i think the time and stress has finally taken its toll. but i'm really not trying to complain. i've been enjoying the work and enjoying the fruits of my labor. my house is a mess, but i've been happier....i hope others feel that way too.


holidays:
christmas should be interesting this year. its only the second year now where i have multiple "christmas celebrations". going home with my boyfriend to his parents' house and they're having a dinner with family. then back to richmond for a few days. after that, we leave on christmas eve to visit my family and will be there for a few days.


rules of attraction:
i continually am reminded that attractions are totally unexplained sometimes. that people who you wouldn't imagine together fall totally in love with each other with no rhyme, reason, or rationale. i'm not talking about my boyfriend and i only (although there are things that don't have reason)...but i'm talking about people in general. it honestly gives me goosebumps and hope every time i meet a couple who aren't totally obvious at first glance. and i LOVE hearing about how people meet. those types of stories my my heart melt, my eyes water, and my toes curl. there's something about hearing about chance enounters that brings out the romantic in me.

good things: shout out to our friend Nik the baker for providing fabulous cookies for the holidays. we've been debating the meaning of both tins (i.e. mine, yours, ours).

things that go through my head
1. why do they have to take a great tea like Constant Comment and make it "green"? It tastes like a$$ and i totally can't drink it.
2. yes...if the detergent lid on the dishwasher clicks open YOU are REALLY obligated to unload the dishwasher. but you CAN ask for help in finding out where things go.
3. more people should read "twilight". i can't get enough of the saga. if you're interested in seeing the movie, let me know (because my boyfriend won't go with me).

No comments: